Complying with GSR policy and procedures on pre-start checks, and other fundamental safety and environmental management systems and standards, the incumbent will be accountable for the following:
- Handle and transport explosive materials in a safe manner according to standard procedures.
- Charge up holes, down-holes and development drives.
- Charge up and fire stope blasts according to blast plan.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements associated with the mining operation are adhered to in full compliance with the Mining Act and other related regulations of the Republic of Ghana.
- Ensure working area is safe for personnel and equipment to perform duties.
- Must be conversant with ventilation circuit, firing procedure including electric firing and re-entry procedures.
- Prepare reports and complete all documentation for charge-up and blasting at the end of shift.
- Perform any other duty that will be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience：
- Minimum of JHS/MSLC/SHS.
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience as a Blastman
- Good computer skills with working knowledge in Power Point, Word, Excel, etc.
- MinCom Certification in Blasting
- Must be a holder of a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License Class B or better
Ability and Skill：
- Good interpersonal skills with high degree of teamwork and collaboration.
- Good organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with people of various levels of intelligence.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must demonstrate good sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate high degree of safety consciousness.
- Must be flexible to work under various working arrangements including night shifts.
Mode of Application：
Interested applicants should submit their applications including current CV, covering letter, educational and professional certificates and other relevant documents, to firstname.lastname@example.org or the address below:
HR & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
GOLDEN STAR (WASSA) LIMITED
P. M. B. TARKWA
This position goes with a very competitive salary package and fringe benefits.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Females are encouraged to apply.